Friday, April 27, 2007

Candidates for 2007-2008 Vice-Chair/Chair Elect

The following are the 2 candidates for the 2007-2008 Vice Chair and 2008-2009 Chair position for the FLA NMRT. The voting will take place via a Survey Monkey survey which will go up Friday, April 27 at 6 p.m. and will run through 9 AM Monday, April 30 (due to technical problems).

Here is the link to the voting page:
http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.asp?u=707083776390


Please feel free to contact me or either of the candidates for more information.

-t
--
Tracey Reed
Chair, FLA NMRT
tracey dot reed at gmail dot com


---------------
Cheryl Davis
Hello ! My name is Cheryl Davis. I am originally from Boston, Massachusetts and moved to Florida in 2001.

Service has always been one of my core values. My career has allowed me to cross many different paths and I am new to this profession. I was the recipient of an ELSUN ( Educating Librarians to Serve the Underserved) Grant from USF and graduated in August 06 ( Whew!). I recently accepted my first position in the Library Science field, a Librarian position in Central Florida. My road to Library Science was paved early in life. I would be honored to serve you in this capacity. As a new graduate myself, I would welcome the opportunity to serve those who are new to either the profession or the FLA.
------------------------------------

Cheryl Wolfe

Cheryl Wolfe is a Reference Librarian with the Tampa-Hillsborough County Public Library System. As of March 2007, she became in charge of digitization projects involving the library system's history. Cheryl earned her M.L.I.S. from Kent State University. She is a member of the Rho Chapter of Beta Phi Mu. Other professional memberships include the Florida Library Association and the American Library Association. In 2006, Cheryl was awarded the August Alpers Award from Kent State University's School of Library and Information Science.


No comments: